Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It Snows in the Northeast?

You wouldn't think so by the way you see people drive.

There are three types of drivers in the snow.

1.  The "I don't care if it's snowing out, I can still go 50 in my Corolla!"

This person is highly annoying and is more likely than not going to cause as accident.

2.  The "it's snowing so I am going to drive like a 90 year old woman"

Also highly annoying and they too will cause a crash if for no other reason than they are going to annoy people so much that they are going to make a rash decision and try to go around them or ride said persons ass.

3.  The "it's snowing so I should think and be careful"

This is the person who does everything right and still gets into an accident as a result of the idiot I described in #1 or the moron in #2.

There is no way that you can tell me that they don't know how do drive in the snow.

Unless they just moved here or just got their drivers license they should know how to drive in the snow.  Or at least know enough to be careful at the least.

You live in Upstate New York.  It's going to snow.  You KNOW it's going to snow.

This morning our area got anywhere from 3-10 inches depending on where you lived.  More in the higher elevations.  This storm has been predicted to happen since this passed weekend.

Yet there, there had to be, about 50% of the drivers driving as if this had all taken them by surprise.

Listening on the radio and getting the traffic report sounded like a triage listing at a hospital.

It's not that I am saying it's easy to drive in the snow, I'm more than sure that it isn't, but come on.  At least act like you have a clue out there!

I can understand a slide here or there, but I-787 was like a friggin M.A.S.H. unit this morning.

It took my immediate supervisor three hours to get to work, from Halfmoon (basically the same as coming from Clifton Park) to downtown Albany.

That sounds a tad excessive, don't you think?

And that was in the measly 4-5 inches that were on the ground.  This was a baby storm, could you imagine when the real big boys coming rolling into town?

No comments:

Post a Comment