Monday, December 14, 2009

Common Courtesy at work? Please.....

I think in most aspects of life common courtesy is basically non-existent, but it's especially non-existent at the workplace.
Like when I get to work this morning and opening a door and holding it for this guy walking down the hall.  No big deal, he walks through and doesn't even look at me.  Not even a smile or nod of the head acknowledging my having held the door for him.

So I said, "You're welcome."

To which he responded,"Excuse me?!?"

And it isn't like he said it like he actually didn't hear me.  He said it with a jerkoff face and attitude.

It was at that point that I wished it was possible for me to put my hand through his throat and literally rip his esophagus out and rip his vocal cords from his body.

That, of course, is unfortunately not allowed.

I just shook my head and walked away.

Another favorite of mine is when I am the one walking towards the door and someone else opens up the door and all they have to do is wait all of three seconds and I'd be there at the door and they can then go on their way.

For some reason that isn't what some people do.  Some assholes people open the door, turn and look right at you, KNOWING it would only take two seconds of their meaningless life to hold the door and yet they look away and let the door close.

Makes my head feel like it's gonna explode.  I typically start to mumble under my breath at that point.

How about this one.  You are walking through the hall to where ever and someone bumps into you and they don't say excuse me.  Really?  It's just friggin rude.  Say excuse me, act like your mother and/or father actually taught you something.

I just don't understand.  It boggles my mind.

Why is it that people find it necessary to be complete douche bags?

It really is easy to just say "thank you" or "excuse me" or to even give a nod of the head or a smile.

Don't get me wrong, there are people (like me!) who have manners, but I'd say the majority or people don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment